Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MPI104 Assignment one blog post.

I have learnt a great deal since starting MPI104 this year.

I have learnt about HTML, links, tags, codes, the many uses of Google, including Google scholar and Google calendar, Flickr, Delicious, blogger and many other useful things.

HTML

I started with little knowledge of the inter workings of the internet and all I knew of HTML was that it was a bunch of letters and symbols. I have now realised that HTML is much more then that and have learnt how to compose HTML to create links and web pages, which I found extremely interesting. I am still developing my HTML skills but am finding it all very interesting. I have used tags with HTML within my blog the tags I have used defines the HTML document.

Google

I have discovered many uses for Google also. Not only is it a search engine but also has many uses, such as a calendar for organising.

Blogger

I have loved using blogger. I have 5 posts on my blog.

Here are some interesting posts:

Holidays
Flickr thoughts

I played around with the aesthetics of my blog and changed the colours to more suit me. I used pinks and purples for boarders, and significant text and black for body text. I used a simple minima template and the fonts I used were Georgia and trebuchet.

I have made comments on both Prue’s and Alera’s blogs, here are links to the interesting comments:

Comment on Prue's blog

Comment on Alera's blog

I have also uploaded images onto blogger.

Del.icio.us

At first I was unsure of Delicious and wondered if I would actually use it often, but I have come to love and rely on it. I started by book marking some of my favourite websites and have now started book marking pages I visit regularly or that I find and love and know I will use again.

I have 14 bookmarked web pages.

All these pages are of interest to me. Many are fashion sites because I have a huge interest in fashion and design. There are also blogs I visit regularly and facts pages for Sweden as I am travelling there soon.

Links to my favourite three bookmarked webpages:

Elena Kalis
Alannah Hill
Chanel

Flickr

I had visited Flickr before but had never started my own page. I find I really like using Flickr as is offers inspiration and the prospect of someone seeing my photos and liking them it quite exciting.

I have 15 uploaded images on Flickr.

Links to my three favourite:

Photo1
Photo2
Photo3

No comments:

Post a Comment